Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Docs based on templates lose relationship to template when saved.

Leave them as 2003 format. If it ain't broke - don't fix it.

JungZimm wrote:
I have about 20 templates for work made in Woord 2003 that execute
snippets of visual basic upon leaving form fields in protected forms.
If convert them to 2007 format the folloiwng occurs: If someone
hasn't finished completing the form and saves it as a docm, the
saved document loses its reference to the original template. This
was not an issue in 2003. If I attempt to 're-attach' the saved
document to the orignal template, I get an error saying documents
can't be attached to protected templates. Is there some preference I
can set to make sure the saved documents stay referrenced to their
original templates?