Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default How do i unlink all of the fields in an MS-Word 2007 document?

Hi byafuso,

Ctrl-A followed by Ctrl-Shift-F9 will only unlink fields in-line with text in the body of the document. It won't affect fields in
headers, footers, or floating shape objects (eg a hyperlink attached to an image formatted as 'square'). Here's a macro to do the
job for you:

Sub UnlinkAll()
Dim oRng As Range, hLink As Hyperlink
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
With ActiveDocument
' Loop through Story Ranges and update.
' Note that this may trigger interactive fields (eg ASK and FILLIN).
For Each oRng In .StoryRanges
Do
oRng.Fields.Unlink
For Each hLink In oRng.Hyperlinks
hLink.Delete
Next
Set oRng = oRng.NextStoryRange
Loop Until oRng Is Nothing
Next
End With
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

--
Cheers
macropod

"byafuso" wrote in message ...
I used to be able to do this in MS-Word 2003 by doing a "select all" and
pressing ctrl+shift+F9, but that doesn't seem to work any more. At
least it doesn't seem to get rid of hyperlinks to button pictures.

Am I doing something wrong, or was this feature disabled in MS-Word 2007?

Thanks