Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Pop up boxes when doing a mailmerge

Hi ?B?Q0M=?=,

I'm doing a mailmerge with data from Excel and everytime I run the merge
pop-up fillin boxes appear for each record being merged, with the heading
similar to one of my merge fields. I have checked the main document for
fillin fields etc. and it only contains straightforward mergefields.

Be sure you're in the Print Layout view (so that you also pick up the
headers and footers). Make sure in Tools/Options/View you're viewing all
non-printing characters (especially hidden text). Then press Alt+F9. Do you
see ANY field codes other then Mergefield in any part of the document?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org