Jezebel

Default How do I set a default Header for every new document?

This is what templates are for. Open/create the template, format the headers
and footers as you want, save. Then create new documents using the template.
If you really want your default header and footer on *every* document, you
can set them up using normal.dot. However there is a downside: Word uses
normal.dot also when creating labels, and your headers and footers will
interfere with that. If you never create labels, don't worry about it. (Or,
as I do, temporarily rename normal.dot to something else on the rare
occasions that labels are needed.)

"Andrew" wrote in message
I am looking for suggestions on how to set a Default header and footer that
would be used by all new documents that I create. Can this be done? if
so,
how?