Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Drue

Default documents always printing to same tray

I'm having a unusual problem with word 2003. I work for a university and had
just installed a new network printer for our HR. Its a HP laserjet 4250.
Sometimes when printing older documents it will always print to the same tray.

1. there is a total of 3 trays plus the manual, the default tray is set to
tray two.

2. The problem doesn't always happen with all documents only seems to be
ones that have been save in the past at some time.

3. When the problem does happen it will always print to the 3rd tray. Even
when manually selecting any other tray.

4. It doesn't matter which computer in the office it is printed from the
same problem still occurs

finally i have found a small work around. If you copy all the text from the
older document and then open a new word document and paste then save it will
then print fine.

Any help would be much appreciated i haven't been able to find anything
about this problem.

-Drue