H. S.

Apparently, _Robert M. Franz_, on 22/01/05 08:23,typed:
Hello Sam

As long as the figures are "inline" instead of floating around, then the
prefered method is to use a "keep with next" (Paragraph formatting) to
the figure paragraph; that way it will stick to the following caption
paragraph.

Okay, I am going to try this in the document and see how it improves things.

2) I would like to include subfigures in a figure. For example, I want
to show 4 pictures with lables "(a)", "(b)", "(c)" and "(d)". All of
them make up one figure, say "Figure 1". And I want to be able to
cross reference them as either "Figure 1" as whole (which is easily
done) or cross reference each subfigure indiviually as "Figure 1 (a)"
or "Figure 1 (b)" etc. First, is this even possible in MS Word 2003?
If yes, how (or a link a webpage for instructions). If no, is there a
work around to this?

I can't think of any built-in way for doing this with Word. Which means,
you insert the subtype-number by hand in your cross-reference ...

2cents
Robert

That is just too bad. I am wondering about a method, but correct me if I
am wrong (or if any of the following is impossible):
1) Make a new label and number is so that it includes the label and
number of a figure of choice
2) Put a picture and label it using the above label while telling that
new label to use Figure 1 as the base figure.
3) Possible make a macro to do this.

The result should be "(a)" in the figure but define the cross reference
to make it "Figure 1 (a)" in the text. Now, I am just thinking here, I
have no idea at present how to try pulling this off.

Suggestions? Alternatives?

thanks a ton,
Sam.

--
Please remove the underscores ( the '_' symbols) from my email address
to obtain the correct one. Apologies, but the fudging is to remove spam.