Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Can't delete file after rename/save as

It seems to vary by version. I can recall in some previous versions that if
I opened Document A and saved it as Document B, I then couldn't delete
Document A as long as Document B was open because the "owner" file
(~$filename.doc) created when I opened Document A was not deleted till I
closed Document B. In Word 2003, although the owner file remains open, I can
delete or rename or move or otherwise deal with Document A without closing
Document B.

"LurfysMa" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 May 2007 20:37:17 -0400, "JoAnn Paules"
wrote:

I've seen something similar to that in the past - as in before 2007. Any
time you do a Save As, you have to close the new file before you can

delete
the old one.

Are you saying that this doesn't happen to everyone?

If you open a document and save it as some other document, are you
able to delete the original while you still have the renamed one open?

--
Office 2007 Pro on WinXP