Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Word 2007 does not open .doc files automatically

In the Open With dialog box, use the Browse button to manually locate
winword.exe.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"lukefromperth" wrote in message
It allows me to assign other programs but not word?
Luke

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Right click a document in Windows Explore. Choose "Open With ...". Select
Word as the program to open that format. Check the always open with this
application Check Box.

lukefromperth wrote:
No that did not change anything. Word docs still open with wordpad
Luke

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/reregisterword.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"lukefromperth" wrote in message
I have recently upgraded from word 2003 to word 2007. Since doing
that all my
old .doc files will not open when I click on them. I have tried
using the set
default program option but it does not let me save word as the
default program. The only way I can currently open word docs is by
having word 2007
open and using the open file option. Any ideas?
Luke