Klaus Linke

This should do the trick. I add the button to the menu bar, since that's =
guaranteed to be visible.
But you can hold down the Alt key and then drag it onto any toolbar.

Dim myButton As CommandBarButton
Set myButton =3D CommandBars("Menu Bar").Controls.Add(ID:=3D3466)
myButton.Style =3D msoButtonCaption

Regards,
Klaus

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Unfortunately, *recorded* macros to open dialog boxes fail because you =

have
to actually do something in the dialog box for it to be recorded. If =

you
know the VBA you can probably *write* a macro to do it. (It would =

involve
the terms "Dialogs" and "Show," but beyond that, I'm clueless.)
=20
--=20
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the =

newsgroup so
all may benefit.
=20
"jodzeee" wrote in message
ups.com...
If I open my old template where I had the shortcut stored, I can
pretend I'm assigning the shortcut to something else and it says,
Currently assigned to: FormatBordersAndShading

and it works fine in that template.

But in my new normal.dot, this is NOT an option! How frustrating. =

I'm
sure there are others missing, but I'm focusing on this one right =

now
because I use it a lot!

Any ideas of how I could create a macro to bring up the dialog box =

and
assign a keyboard shortcut to that?

Jodi