Klaus Linke

Hi Jodi,

Sorry, misread the problem. Usually you can assign a shortcut by using =
Alt + Ctrl + Num+ (hold Alt key plus Ctrl key plus the "+" key on the =
numeric keypad on the right), then clicking on the menu item or button. =
But that doesn't work here.

You would need a macro as Suzanne suggested:

Sub myFormatBordersAndShading()
Dialogs(wdDialogFormatBordersAndShading).Show
End Sub

Then go into "Tools Customize... (Commands tab) Keyboard =
shortcuts", choose "Category: Macros" and then your macro on the right.

(See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CreateAMacro.htm for more =
detail)

Greetings,
Klaus

"jodzeee" wrote:
Thank you. That helped me understand what to do with the code.
=20
However, what I want is a keyboard shortcut to invoke the Borders &
Shading dialog box, not a button.
=20
If I assign a shortcut to this macro, it just adds the button to my
menu bar each time I use the shortcut, it does not bring up the dialog
box.
=20
Forgive me if there's something obvious here that I'm missing!
=20
Jodi