Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Default Tracked changes: show as "moved" instead of inserted/deleted

JenC,

Good. I am glad it is working for you. Despite the dustups between Mr.
Daniels and I, perhaps we all have learned a little something from this
post.

JenC wrote:
I think I found the solution to this...make sure the option is turned
on in the track changes options.

The document I was working on was in compatibility mode, so the option
wasn't available.

"JenC" wrote:

Is there a way to get Word 2007 to show a moved sentence as "moved",
instead of as a deletion and subsequent insertion elsewhere?

When I googled this I found an old post from the MS Word team's blog
(http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_offi...word-2007.aspx)
that seemed to say this was the case. However, when I try it (moving
an entire sentence to another position in the same paragraph), it
still marks it as an insertion/deletion. Did they remove this
feature?

--
Greg Maxey

See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
for an eclectic collection of Word Tips.