Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Tracked changes: show as "moved" instead of inserted/deleted

This was, of course, the first thing I mentioned four days ago.

You neglected to mention you weren't dealing with a Word2007 file in
Word2007.

On Oct 19, 3:21*pm, JenC wrote:
I think I found the solution to this...make sure the option is turned on in
the track changes options.

The document I was working on was in compatibility mode, so the option
wasn't available.

"JenC" wrote:
Is there a way to get Word 2007 to show a moved sentence as "moved", instead
of as a deletion and subsequent insertion elsewhere?

When I googled this I found an old post from the MS Word team's blog
(http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_offi...6/10/13/nice-m....)
that seemed to say this was the case. However, when I try it (moving an
entire sentence to another position in the same paragraph), it still marks it
as an insertion/deletion. Did they remove this feature?-