Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?U3VqZXNo?=,

I am currently using Word 2003 on an XP. I recently custom installed it, not
installing Outlook 2003. Now, I find that in a word doc, incase I need to add
some new word to the dictionary, the "Add to Dictionary" appears disabled.
How do I enable it? Do I need to install OUtlook also?

Outlook shouldn't matter. Most often, this problem is due to a language
conflict. If you want to investigate how your installation is set up for
languages, there's an article in the Tips section of my website.

But the first thing to check for the custom dictionary is:
Tools/Options/Spelling and Grammar/Custom Dictionaries.

1. How many dictionaries are listed?

2. Is there any under "all languages"?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland