Default Prevent Word from applying Header, Footer and Page Styles?

Why would it drive you crazy? This is the way styles are supposed to be
used. If you don't like the formatting of the Header, Footer, or Page Number
style, you can modify it. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html

Alternatively, if it really bothers you, open Normal.dot (or any other
template you are using) and change the style of the header and footer
paragraph to Normal or whatever it is you want to use.

"ChristineP" wrote in message
I begrudgingly accept the fact that users cannot delete Words built-in
styles. However, is there any way to prevent Word from automatically

applying
the Header, Footer and Page Number styles to my text whenever I open the
header or footer, or insert page numbers? This "feature" drives me crazy!

Thanks.