Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George

Default Get normal.dot warning when close WordXP

Thanks, I did try steps in the Microsoft publication, but they didn't seem
to work, wondered if had other ideas.

Narrowing it down, one thing noticed is... the normal.dot warning upon exit
ONLY appears if I use Outlook to reply to an email... Word is the default
Word processor. The error does not occur if I just open/close MSWord
documents or start up from the MS Word icon on the desktop.

Also tried renaming to normalOLD.dot and creating a new normal.dot, but that
didn't work either.

Wondered if I should also post in the Outlook group

Thanks,
George

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See “Word prompts me to save changes to the Normal.dot template”

so
all may benefit.

"George" wrote in message
Hello, I'm using WordXP (2003) on a WinXP-pro PC. Now, when I close

Word
down, I often (but not always) get this error message:

/!\ Changes have been made that affect the global template,

Normal.dot.
Do you want to save those changes?
[Yes] [No] [Cancel]

I've been answering "no" until figure out what's going on

I don't (yet) have a corrletion of exactly what was done when I see this
error upon closing...but I used to "never" get this error... it just

started
a few days ago...haven't installed any software or anything.

I start documents different ways... sometimes double click the file,
sometimes open Word and do File Open, sometimes I just use Start My
Recent Documents. Don't know if that has anything to do with it. I

also
have Adboe Acrobat, and sometimes make pdf's. And have 2 printers on a
network. Just throwing out some things in case something triggers an

idea.

Would appreciate any suggestions,
Thanks,
George