Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Formating changes using the macro to merge letters to separate fil

The macro creates a new document for each record based on normal.dot. If
your merge document is based on some other template then there will be some
inevitable differences in formatting when you run the macro. You could edit
the code to base your merge documents on a *blank version* of your letter
template if you wish eg change the line

Set NewDoc = Documents.Add(Visible:=False)
Set NewDoc = Documents.Add(Template:="D:\Word Templates
Path\TemplateName.dot", Visible:=False)

or better still create your merge documents from normal.dot

Phil00 wrote:
Hey,

I'm using the macro found on G Mayor's site to help me merge letters
to seperate files. I finally got everything working. When i dont
split the files everything runs perfect, but as soon as i use the
macro, split the files, i notice the formating becomes ruined. I now
have a combination of fonts in the document as well as what seem to
be random page and section breaks.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Phil