Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Phil00 Phil00 is offline

Default Formating changes using the macro to merge letters to separate

Awsome, thanks Graham and Doug for your help. I've emailed the files to you
Graham, let me know if you don't get them or have another problem. (outside
of my problem because for that i cant help you haha)

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Send me a copy of the merge document (and a small sample of data - 2 or
three records) and I'll have a look at it tomorrow. Use the link on the home
page of my web site (and don't change the default subject).

Phil00 wrote:
well i've made SOME progress now, for fun i changed the defualt font
from times new roman to arial narrow. That worked..although that cant
be a perminant fix becasue the font is suppose to chnageh throughout
the document i.e in the tables and titles etc.

Also for some reason it still inserts RANDOM page and section breaks
making my 2 page document into a 4 page document.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

If in the code, you have the command split across two rows, place
the cursor at the end of the first line and press delete, to get the
command all on one row.

Or, insert a Visual Basic line break character (space then
underscore) as follows

Set NewDoc = Documents.Add(Template:="D:\Word Templates _
Path\TemplateName.dot", Visible:=False)

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Phil W" wrote in message

The exact error code is 4605 command not available.

Phil00;325336 Wrote:
Alright, so im new to this whole macro thing in word. This
document is

created from a 2 page template. If I were to use this code

Set NewDoc = Documents.Add(Template:="D:\Word Templates
Path\TemplateName.dot", Visible:=False)

Would i change the path to correspond where the template is? I
tryed that
and got an error code indicating an error within the script.

Thanks for your prompt response though!!!

I look like a hero working on this in my office! hahaha

"Graham Mayor" wrote:
-
The macro creates a new document for each record based on
normal.dot. If
your merge document is based on some other template then there
will be some
inevitable differences in formatting when you run the macro. You
could edit
the code to base your merge documents on a *blank version* of your
letter
template if you wish eg change the line

Set NewDoc = Documents.Add(Visible:=False)
Set NewDoc = Documents.Add(Template:="D:\Word Templates
Path\TemplateName.dot", Visible:=False)

or better still create your merge documents from normal.dot

Phil00 wrote:-
Hey,

I'm using the macro found on G Mayor's site to help me merge
letters to seperate files. I finally got everything working. When
i dont
split the files everything runs perfect, but as soon as i use the
macro, split the files, i notice the formating becomes ruined. I
now have a combination of fonts in the document as well as what
seem to
be random page and section breaks.

Any ideas?

Thanks.