Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Emily Emily is offline

Default Email Merge Using Access Data Source (E-mail Field)

After a delay in our project, our system administrator is finally going to
implement the ClickYes utility you suggested. Hopefully that will work - we
may try it later this week. Thanks!
--
Emily

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

You may need to make use of the ClickYes utility that can be obtained from

http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Emily" wrote in message
We tried it a couple of times, but only with a couple of e-mail addresses
that were not already in the Outlook Contacts folder. I'm going back to
church in the morning and we can try it again, this time adding a few
other
e-mails that are not in Contacts. I sincerely hope it works this time,
but
I'll post our results probably tomorrow evening. Another thing we're
investigating is our server security settings - the security is pretty
tight
and several web sites are blocked - I can't even access my Gmail when I'm
there, so that's a possibility, I suppose. I'll let you know what
transpires. Thanks for your posting.
--
Emily

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Are you sure that all of the email addresses in the Access Table are
valid.
I have never had the problem that you mention.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Emily" wrote in message
I'm helping my church to implement mass e-mails, to save on postage
fees
for
mass mailings. We recently tested the e-mail merge using Word for the
merge,
Access dbase for the data source (field in table for e-mails) and
Outlook
for
the e-mail tool. However, it only proved successful in e-mailing those
addresses that were already in the Outlook contacts folder. It ignored
the
e-mail addresses that were to be included, but were not in the Outlook
contacts already. Is there a way to use the mail merge features of
Office
do a mass e-mail without having to add those other e-mail addresses to
the
Outlook contacts folder? We're talking about a few hundred e-mails,
once
we
actually implement this. And is there a limit to the number of e-mail
contacts that can be sent at one time? I've seen other postings of 256
and
500 - not sure if they relate to what we're trying to do. Thanks
--
Emily