Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JohnSmith JohnSmith is offline

Default turn off ALL automatic formatting PERMANENTLY, FOREVER

uhh, the website cut off my post's subject line and there's no way to edit
posts. Aim high, Microsoft! You're only 7 years or so behind the rest of the
world in terms of forum functionality!

Should've read:

turn off ALL automatic formatting PERMANENTLY, FOREVER, NO EXCEPTIONS

"JohnSmith" wrote:

How can I get Word to save my settings when I turn off AutoText, AutoFormat,
AutoFormat As You Type, and AutoCorrect?

I want them all turned off permanently, for the rest of my life. I don't
ever, EVER want them turned on again under any circumstances whatsoever.

I've seen it suggested to save the changes in Normal.dot but that doesn't
work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I've successfully altered
Normal.dot for other purposes in the past so I know my way around somewhat.

Please include step-by-step instructions in your answer. This has been
driving me crazy for months and I can't take it any more!

Many thanks