Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Set minimum spacing before/after paragraph

It has certainly disappointed me - but see for yourself. It can only get
better ... and as far as Microsoft discussions are concerned it will become
the only viable game in town.

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
You said it's "done nothing but disappoint."

On Jun 12, 8:51 am, "Graham Mayor" wrote:
The new MS Answers forums are definitely not
newsgroups.http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...ory/officeword

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in
I've been using google groups since my second posting (having somehow
discovered that the place I asked my question at MS was somehow a
newsgroup), so there's no question of sticking with MS!

On Jun 12, 4:06 am, "Graham Mayor" wrote:

As far as Microsoft is concerned the Word groups are gone and removed
from
their server. They should remain available via Google Groups and
probably
number of other web portals, but if you wish to access via a news
server,
you will need an account with an alternative text based news server.
Your
ISP may provide a news feed, or you can use a third party one such as
eternal-september.org or albasani.net -http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm

If you want to stick with Microsoft there is a new Answers forum, which
has
so far done nothing but disappoint - though I suppose Microsoft may get
it
right one day You can post to that with newsreading software by using
bridge such as that athttp://communitybridge.codeplex.com/ordirectly via
the
forumhttp://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officeword

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in
Why wouldn't you use Space After for spacing your bullet items?

Also: How did you post this query? I'm seeing it in the newsgroup (via
google groups), and there have been no postings here in the last four
days -- apparently Microsoft finally made good on their threat to
sever their help assistance from the newsgroups available to the rest
of the world.

On Jun 11, 1:25 pm, Paul wrote:

In Word 2003, the spacing between paragraphs seems to be the sum of
the the following:
* The spacing after the preceding paragrapph
* The spacing before the next paragraph

Instead summing the two figures, is there a way to specify that the
*minimum* spacing after a paragraph, or the *minimum* spacing before a
paragraph? For example, if the space-after for the last paragraph is
less then the space-before the next paragraph, then the space-before
the next paragraph is used. But the two are not added.

This seems like it would make much more sense than the current summing
that is used. For example, for a bullet style paragraph, I know how
much space I need between bullets, which I can set as the space-before
the bullet style. However, the first bullet after a Heading 1 may
need more space, as dictated by the space-after for the Heading 1
style. I wouldn't want to add the two, because the space-before the
first bullet is immaterial in this situation.--