Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kB

Default "Insert Hyperlink" Menu Doesn't Launch (Word 2003)

I'm trying to help someone using Word 2003 SP2 on and Windows XP
Professional computer (SP2). The full Microsoft Office Professional Edition
is installed.

The Problem:
In Word, if I type a hyperlink into a document, Word will not format it as a
hyperlink even though the AutoCorrect options are set to replace "Internet
and network paths with hyperlinks" in both AutoFormat and AutoFormat as You
Type. Text strings beginning with "www" or "http://" will NOT register as
links.

If I go to the "Insert" menu and choose "Hyperlink," nothing happens. It's
as if that menu command is disconnected. Ctrl-K also will not bring up the
Insert Hyperlink window.

Any ideas how to get hyperlinks functioning agian? Or how to get the Insert
Hyperlinks menu back?