Doug Robbins

From the File menu, select Save As and in the File Save As dialog, expand
the pulldown list under the Tools item and select the "Security Options"
item and the insert a Password to open the document.

DON'T FORGET OR LOSE THE PASSWORD OR YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO OPEN THE
DOCUMENT EITHER!

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"diane" wrote in message
I can not get my program to password protect a document so that no other
users can view that document from my computer?