Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jack

Default Word 2007 Citations & Bibliography Styles

When I first downloaded the beta of Word 2007, I quickly decided that the
Citations and Bibliography ribbon was one the best new features,
automatically completing much of the annotating that normally takes me hours.
When I first was testing it, all citations and bibliographies had a tag that
marked them as objects of some sort (I don't know the appropriate name, but
when I hovered the mouse over them a box formed with a dropdown arrow, much
like for Word 2007 equations or Word 2003 addresses). However, for some
reason that function has now disappeared, and while I can still insert a
citation / bibliography, the insertion is treated as plain text, and does not
automatically update when I change the source information of style. Is this
a bug or is this fixable?