Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hesham Ghaleb

Default Section break formatting

Thanks Suzanne. That is what I tried to do. The problem then comes in that
when section 1 finishes on an odd page, i.e. 3, section 2 has an extra page
so it starts at page 5. I can reset the numering to 1 but the number of pages
in section 2 is one greater than the number of pages in that section. The
strange thing is that if section 1 say ended at first page, then the section
pages in section 2 are correct!

It is very frustrating. What I want to achieve is simple. Section one has a
different first page and page numbering is Page number (restarted from 1 for
that section) and number of pages in that section. Section 2 should start on
an odd page and have a different first page and also have the same numbering
scheme with the extra blank pages inserted if section 1 ends on an even page.

If i try to reset numbering in section 2 when section break is for an odd
page, the blank page at say page 4 if section 1 has 3 pages dissappears which
is correct since page number of 1 is an odd page so there is no need for a
blank page.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

"Different first page" can be selected independently by section; "Different
odd and even" is a document-level setting. If you want the header/footer on
odd and even pages to be the same in certain sections, just copy Odd Page
Header/Footer into the Even Page Header/Footer (or vice versa).

"Hesham Ghaleb" wrote in message
Hi guys,

This is really frustrating. I have 2 sections in a document and am trying

format the second section to have a first, even and odd page. In the first
section, I want a different first page. I cannot achieve this and once I

set
the format for the second section, the first section becomes the same with

first,even and odd page. How can I have the two sections formatted
differently?

Thanks.