Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Default Can a heading style include one font for title and another for text?

Clarification: Of course, AutoTexts won't take care of the formatting
in existing captions. They will merely make it easier to insert the
table captions with the desired formatting in the future.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Format an example caption the way you want it, with different
formatting for the "Table #" part. Be sure to format only "Table #"
differently (not the following paragraph mark), and then select it

and
create an AutoText entry. Insert the AutoText entry the next time

you
want to create a table caption. (For more about AutoText, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoText.htm.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"WebColin" wrote in message
Specifically, I want the common part of my captions (e.g., "TABLE

1

appear in bold, and the variable part (e.g., "List of stuff that

makes up a
table.") to be italicized, but not in bold. So the final Caption

should be:
"TABLE 1 List of stuff that makes up a table.", with the first

bolded,
the second part in italics. When I create the style, it seems I

can
only
specify one font type for the entire style/paragraph.

If I can't specify this for the style, I'll have to go through

each
and
every caption and manually alter part of the text to be

italicized.
Surely
there's a better way, and a way to ensure that all Captions

current
and
future adhere to the same format. Is there not?

In WordPerfect, I could just embed a Bold and Italic toggle at the

end of
the format, so the variable text I typed each time would differ

from
the
common text before it. Is there any way to do this in Word?

Thanks,
Colin