Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Quickest method (from user's perspective) of populating a tabl

Is the string of characters for each cell the same? Is there a reason you
can't modify the macro Greg provided to fit your needs? All you need to do
is change: oCell.Range.Text = i & "." to oCell.Range.Text = "Your string of
characters".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"ashwin" wrote in message
No problem, Beth, I'll do my best...

I have a table with one hundred rows and I know exactly what I want each
cell to contain -a string of characters.

What is the quickest way to populate that table programmatically?

Accessing each cell individually is pretty slow, especially if I'm doing
this for 200 tables. Excel allows you to populate a Sheet using an array
and
I know Word will convert text formatted with tabs and carriage returns
into a
table, but how do I quickly populate a table that already exists?

At this point, it looks like the answer may be the Windows
clipboard -which
I'm now trying to figure out how to access/populate from VBA.

Thank you for your patience,
--
ashwin

"Beth Melton" wrote:

Perhaps there is a faster way, however, we need more details on what you
are
attempting to accomplish. Populating a table with text is pretty vague.
Word
isn't a mind reader and while it may appear that at times we are mind
readers we're not. :-)