Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

Default Create "send to mail recipient as attachment" button inside wo

Crazymfr:

What I'm talking about is a button we'd add to your Word toolbars, not to a
specific document. Whenever you clicked that button, it would send the
current document to a specific recipient as an attachment.

The recipient would not need to enable or run any macros when opening the
attachment.

Let me direct you to an article on the Word MVP site that details how to do
this. I suggest you try the routing slip method first and see if it will do
what you want.

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/interdev/SendMail.htm

This article shows you the code to use. If you need help placing this code
and attaching it to a toolbar button, see:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...oToToolbar.htm

And if you get stuck, don't hesitate to ask for help.

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000

"crazymfr" wrote:

Can it be done without other users having to enable macros when they open the
document? This is why I didn't want macros. However, if a macro can be used
without the user having to enable them when they open the form, I'm down to
listen.

"Bear" wrote:

I'm sorry, but I don't know how it could be done without macros. The "email
button in the Word document" would simply be launching a macro that would
automate the manual procedure you're now going through with File Send To
Mail recipient.

I hope I haven't mislead you.

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000

"crazymfr" wrote:

That's exactly right. An email button in the Word document that attaches
that document to the email client with a specified email address with a
specified subject line. I want to do this without using macros.

Please respond, thank you.

"Bear" wrote:

Do you want a button in a Word document that attaches that document to an
e-mail message and sends it to the same recipient each time? I can tell you
how to do that (if you have a half-hour). But I don't know of any way to make
Word functionality operate when the document is an attachment to an e-mail
message.

Bear

--
Windows XP, Word 2000

"crazymfr" wrote:

It attaches the file, but I want a clickable button inside the document
itself that is set up to a specific email address and subject line when it
imports to the email client.

"Bear" wrote:

Doesn't File Send To Mail Recipient (as attachment) do what you want?

Bear

--
Windows XP, Word 2000