Tewodaj

Default find and replace symbols

Hi,
I am using Word 2002 on Windows XP. I have been trying, so far
unsuccessfully, to use the "Find and Replace" tool to replace greek symbols
with other greek symbols in my text (e.g. alpha, etc.). I have managed to
find symbols by copying and pasting the symbol into the Find What box. But
when I try to replace something, say the word "discount factor" with the
symbol for 'beta' by pasting the symbol into the Replace box, "discount
factor" instead gets replaced with a little square box. How can I address
this problem? Is it at all adressable in Word 2002? A little warning: I've
never written word or excel macros so am not familiar with doing my own
programming in such applications, so I would much prefer a menu driven
solution.