Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Melody

Default Can I create a new table style based on a table in a document?

Gee....that's not very useful....I use Ariel 10 point for my tables.

"Knock knock knock....Hellooooo Microsoft? Have you noticed how LARGE
12-point Ariel type is? I just want to get information across in my tables,
not beat my readers over the head with it!!! How about fixing the glitch in
Word that prevents me from setting up a table autoformat with 10-point
Ariel...."

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?TWVsb2R5?=,

I have tried to create a new table style, modifying an existing autoformat
style to my specifications, but it will not accept my font size changes. I
don't WANT 12 point font in my tables, but every time I try to change font
size to 10, the program fails to accept the new number. The font size
drop-down is available, but apparently not working. I need to either A)
Solve the sizing problem or B) Find a different way to create a table style.
(Need something robust and "idiot-proof" to roll-out to a user set with
varying skills.)

Which font are you trying to use this with? Table styles don't seem to accept
Arial 10...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org