Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Changing font size without changing line spacing.

In this situation, that is the better option, of course.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" skrev i meddelandet
Or you can use the "Drop Cap" feature, which puts your big letter a line
or two or three ... below the line the rest of its word is on. You'll find
it on the
Insert tab, Text Group (6th from the left), 5th item.

On Monday, November 18, 2013 5:53:18 PM UTC-5, Stefan Blom wrote:

You have to set a fixed value for the line spacing. In the Paragraph
dialog
box, choose "Exactly" for line spacing, and specify some appropriate
value.
(Some trial and error may be required to make it look good.)
--

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"rpbilleaud" wrote in message

Hi all, I have what I think is a relatively easy to fix issue (I just
don't know what the fix is). I'm in Word 2007 and am trying to make the
first letter in a line of text larger than the remainder of the line -
like in a story book - but when I just increase the font size of course
it changes the line spacing. I tried going into the paragraph dialog
and
fiddling around with the line spacing but with no result because it
changes the spacing for the entire paragraph. I'd appreciate whatever
help you can give me. Thanks.