CyberTaz

Hi Les-

Not impossible is that the keyboard is defective. Go To is activated by
Ctrl+G, so if the Ctrl key is sticking or the circuitry is faulty, that could
be the culprit. Does there seem to be any correllation with typing the letter
'g', with or without using Shift? Does the same thing happen in other
programs that employ a Ctrl+G keystroke?

Good Luck |:)

"Les Moore" wrote:

Often when typing a document in Word 2003 the "Go To" box comes up after 2-4
key strokes and when closed down it just springs back on to the screen or
comes back with 1-2 keystrokes. Pressing "Esc" sometimes stops it but not
always. Is there someway it can be controlled or disabled? I have an
up-to-date Norton anti-virus program and scan my machine regularly but have
come up with no threats etc. that may be causing the problem. I have never
had this problem with Word before (10 years) but this version came with the
machine (HP Pavilion).

Thanks guys.