Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wild Weasel

Default Word 2003 stops responding when saving document

I had the problem with the HPs mentioned in the KB. HP Share-to-web, HP
DeskJet, HP DeskJet with card reader ... all of them. The regedit worked
great. It also fixed the annoying problem I had with putting an address in
the Windows Explorer address window and hitting Go and nothing happening. I
had pushed THAT annoyance to the back of my mind. The 'not saving' problem
was a big deal, however.

-- Jeff

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

By reading and following the instructions in the referenced article. To
repeat, see "Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you
install security update MS06-015"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165

"Bob" wrote in message
Jeff were you able to correct your problem, if so how.

"Wild Weasel" wrote:

THANKS!! It's a shame I couldn't find the solution by searching for

"Word
2003 stops responding when saving document".

You saved the day. Thanks, Suzanne.

-- Jeff

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See "Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you

install
security update MS06-015"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Wild Weasel" Wild wrote in message
Saving a document in Word 2003 and it stops responding. File Save,

Save
As
and leaving and responding to the "Do you want to save the changes"

all
result in Not Responding.