Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Word 2007 table styles - do they work ?

Unlike paragraph styles and contrary to the dialog title, new table styles do
not pick up the formatting of the table the cursor is in. Instead, you must
select the settings from the create/modify table dialog. Most settings
available to tables are available to table styles. Two that aren't are table
width and column width.

Table styles are great if you have a variety tables, particularly if they are
already created, that you want to give the same general look to. But if you
have a particular table structure-- the same number of columns with set
column widths, same table headings and spanner headings, etc., that you want
to be able to fill in--then saving that structure as auto text might be the
better way to go.

HTH,

PamC

AlexT. wrote:
Folks

I'd like to use "table styles" to apply a set of table-related
properties to tables in my documents.

So I have carefully formatted a sample table in my document and
defined a new table style based on it.

However when I try to apply that table style to another table I have
many properties that are not carried over, such as the column width,
table positioning, etc... It seems that I can manually edit my table
style to setup those values but this is a tedious and error prone
approach.

Is there any way to make sure that a table style actually encapsulates
ALL the properties ?

Any help / pointer welcome

Thanks

--alexT