Jay Freedman

Mark M wrote:
how do I reset to default (blank out) the clipart file location in
the Word tools/options/file locations tab. I have set it to a drive
but would like it to default to the location that I last retrieved an
image

Hi Mark,

To clear the location, you have to edit the registry. First close Word.

From the Start Run menu, type

regedit

and press Enter. The registry editor works something like Explorer, with a
tree of expandable nodes on the left side. Expand the following series of
nested nodes:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Software
Microsoft
Office
version
Word

where version is 9.0 for Word 2000, 10.0 for Word 2002, or 11.0 for Word
2003.

As a safety measure, click the Options node and select Registry Export
Registry File. Select a folder and give a name for the file to save the
current values. If you mess up the values, you can just double-click the
exported file to restore them.

With the Options node selected, go to the right-hand window, click once on
PICTURE-PATH, and press the Delete key. Confirm the deletion. Then close the
registry editor and start Word. The clipart location should now be blank.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman