Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Richard is offline

Default Templates in 2007

I have recently tried to create a template in Word 2007. I created the
document and then siad save as and selected Word template from the "save as
type" box, as i have done on numerous occasions in 2003 and before. But it
just seems to save it as a document, it does not save it into a template
folder and it does not appear as a template on my computer when I select the
new task pane.
I also do not know how to put a field into the template to automatically
create a date. In 2003 you would insert a field and you would select
createdate. Can you still do this in 2007?