Daiya Mitchell

Hi Bert,

If it helps clarify this question--I've always understood that the keyboard
assignment is different from the macro. There is nothing hard coded in a
macro that sets a shortcut key, generally. Once the macro is created, it is
then available via Tools | Customize to have a shortcut key assigned just
like any other command. Word offers you a shortcut to this in the macro
creation process, but it is still two separate steps and two separate
things. E.g., say all your macros and keyboard assignments were saved in
the Normal template, and you decided to copy some macros into a different
template, the macros will not bring the keyboard assignments with them.

I'm very aware of this b/c Word's shortcut has never worked for me.
Except it just did, and all it did was open up the Tools | Customize dialog.

So your initial instinct--look up the macro to find out the keyboard
shortcuts--made sense but did not follow Word's logic--which is that all
keyboard shortcuts are assigned/recorded in Tools | Customize, Keyboard.

DM

On 1/15/05 5:55 AM, "Bert Coules" wrote:

Many thanks to Greg and Suzanne. I'm still (obviously) getting to grips
with even simple macros; is there a sort of "Macros for Dummies" type guide
that I could get hold of?

Bert
http://www.bertcoules.co.uk