Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Graham Mayor -- individual merge letters

I have spoken with Doug (who wrote the macro) about this. His response:

Create a template that has the required settings and then in the
Private Sub app_MailMergeAfterMerge(ByVal Doc As Document, ByVal DocResult
As Document)
routine, replace the line of code:
Set NewDoc = Documents.Add(Visible:=False)
with
Set NewDoc = Documents.Add(Template:="c:\documents and
settings\[username]\application
data\microsoft\templates\[TemplateName].dot", Visible:=False)
Where the [username] is whatever is appropriate for the path to your
templates folder and [TemplateName] is the name of the template that you
created with the required settings.
I think that you should then get the desired result.

zoolaw444 wrote:
I copied the code and created Graham Mayor's macro to merge a form
letter merge document directly to individual Word documents and it
worked. The only problem is that the new individual Word documents
did not retain the formatting from the form letter merge. Can anyone
help me fix this? If not, this defeats the whole purpose of using the
mail merge because it would take me less time to type in the names
and addresses of all the people I want to send the letter to than it
would to go through each individual document and reformat it (i.e.,
paragraph alignment, spacing, etc.)

Cortney