Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
zoolaw444 zoolaw444 is offline

Default Graham Mayor -- individual merge letters

Grahan, I appreciate your prompt response but I'm confused.

First of all, to make sure we're on the same page, this is the macro I'm
using:

Sub SplitMerge()
' splitter Macro
' Macro created 16-08-98 by Doug Robbins to save each letter created by a
' mailmerge as a separate file.
' with modifications by Graham Mayor 16-06-03 & 08-10-04

Dim Title As String
Dim Default As String
Dim MyText As String
Dim MyName As Variant
Dim MyPath As String

Selection.EndKey Unit:=wdStory
Letters = Selection.Information(wdActiveEndSectionNumber)
Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory
Counter = 1

Default = "Merged"
MyText = "Enter a filename. Long filenames may be used."
Title = "File Name"
MyName = InputBox(MyText, Title, Default)
If MyName = "" Then
End
End If

Default = "D:\My Documents\Test\"
Title = "Path"
MyText = "Enter path"
MyPath = InputBox(MyText, Title, Default)
If MyPath = "" Then
End
End If

While Counter Letters
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Docname = MyPath & LTrim$(Str$(Counter)) & " " & MyName & ".doc"

ActiveDocument.Sections.First.Range.Cut
Documents.Add
With Selection
.Paste
.EndKey Unit:=wdStory
.MoveLeft Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=1
.Delete Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=1
End With
ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileName:=Docname, FileFormat:=wdFormatDocument
ActiveWindow.Close
Counter = Counter + 1
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Wend
End Sub

Is it here in the macro code itself that I need to replace the line of code
you indicated? If so, I don't see the "Private Sub
app_MailMergerAfterMerge(ByVal Doc As Document, ByVal DocResult As Document)"
part that you said to replace. If not, then please tell me where to find this
in order to replace it because... I'm a total beginner here.

Your help is GREATLY appreciated!