Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Graham Mayor -- individual merge letters

Ok. If you use the letter head template you will probably duplicate any
standing text from the header/footer is you use it to create the separate
documents. So make a copy of the template (or even a document from it). it
doesn't matter where you store it as long as you have the correct path and
filename. Delete the text from the header/footer and save it. It will
already have the styles and with luck the documents will be formatted to
match that template.

Let's hope this works as I will not be around until tomorrow to pick the
bones from it.

zoolaw444 wrote:
Hmm... let's attack this from a different angle.

I'm printing this letter (which is two pages) on company letterhead.
Normally, the letter template we use had a header on the first page
only of about 3.25" to accommodate the company logo at the top. The
second page also has a header, but much smaller because it only
contains the following left alligned text:

"Page #
& the date here"

There's a page break separating the first and second page. I'm not
sure what you mean by paragraph styles. Does that help give you an
idea of what I need?