Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Graham Mayor -- individual merge letters

Insert the following line of code before ActiveDocument.SaveAs
FileName:=Docname, FileFormat:=wdFormatDocument

AcitveDocument.Sections(ActiveDocuemnt.Sections.Co unt).PageSetup.SectionStart
= wdSectionContinuous

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"zoolaw444" wrote in message
I'm so excited!!!!! I got the mail merge into individual documents to work
AND it retained my different first page and second page header and footer.
The only problem I have now is that it also created two extra blank pages
(by
a section break (next page) and a page break) at the end of every
individual
document.

I took the page break separating the first and second page out of the
original letter and the template I used, so I don't think that's the
problem.
I did noticed that in the single merged document (from which I run the
macro
to separate into individual documents) that there's a section break (next
page) in-between each letter and then a section break (continuous) and a
return after the very last letter. I thought that might be part of the
problem but when I delete this last break, it screws up the pagination on
the
last letter.

If I could fix this one last glitch, I should be good to go. Whew, you
have
no idea how long I've been struggling with this.