Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Headers and Footers in Main Body with Table Breaks

I think it would help if we understood why you need to do this. Is this in
order to convert the document to .txt or .htm format (in which headers and
footers are not retained)?

"Sanket" wrote in message
news

Hi Tony,

I might not have been very clear in my previous post. The purpose of
merging
different documents with multiple headers and footers is not my goal.

I am working with only one document at a time. When saying this I mean

that
the document has only one header, one footer and one table.
My task is
to get the text of the header part and put it as text above the table.
Then to blank out the header - as in delete the text within it (not

delete the header itself).
Copy footer information as a footnote.
Blank out the footer - as in delete the text within it (not delete the

footer itself).
Do the same on every page. i.e. paste the same header and footer above

and below the table.

I will need to create a macro for this. So will have to code it in VBA, I
guess.

If it is not possible to do it, I might as well not attempt it. But

somehow
I feel that my task is not going against the word pagination but just

about
cut-paste text from header and footer and about table breaks and page

breaks
at right locations.
To do it programmatically is still a monumental task for me.

Please advice.

Best regards,
Sanket