Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Section Breaks- Word 2007

There is one known situation in which Word will convert a Continuous break
into a Next Page break; see "Section break causes an unexpected page break
in Word" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292074

If it turns out that this is your problem, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...panColumns.htm for a workaround.

"Ed Mullikin" wrote in message
I'll try that. I have been getting a page section break instead of a
continuous section break no matter what I did which raises havoc with my
document. I eventually stumble onto what I want but it is shear luck and
it ought not to be that way.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Sometimes it's easier just to select the text you want in multiple
columns, format it as the desired number of columns, and let Word take
care of inserting the (Continuous) breaks.

"Ed Mullikin" wrote in message
I am trying to insert a "continuous" section break in a document because
I want to go from one column to two columns on the same page. When I do
that, I keep getting a "page" section break. What am I doing wrong?