Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ingenue Ingenue is offline

Default Numbering disappears when a document is saved

Thank you. I can only find "automatically update document styles" where you
indicate, not "apply". Checking it seems to allow the saving of the numbering
in the specific document , but the check only applies to the particular
document - I have to go to "Templates and add ins" each time. Is that right?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

In Tools | Templates and Add-Ins, make sure that "Automatically apply
document styles" is cleared. Does that help?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ingenue" wrote in message
In Word 2003 I have recently found that numbering disappears when I save a
document and then re-open it. Is there something I can adjust?