Graham Mayor

Blush

Linda - Xtremly Peeved wrote:
Thank you so much - you are truely a brilliant gem
L )

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You need to type CTRL+F9 for *each* pair of curly brackets {} What
you have here is a collection of fields.
Thus CTRL+F9 then in between the brackets type IF then CTRL+F9 and in
between the second set type mergefield pcode etc.

Linda - Xtremly Peeved wrote:
I did ctrl+F9 and then typed in IF { Mergefield PCODE } = {=INT({
Mergefield PCODE }) } "{ Mergefield PCODE \# "#" }" " { Mergefield
PCODE \# "#.##" }" leaving a space between the automatically
inserted { } from the Ctrl+F9 and the typing

Sorry I sound so stupid
Thanks again

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If the mergefield construction appears in the merge result then it
appears that you have not inserted all the field delimiters with
CTRL+F9. You cannot copy and paste fields from listings and expect
them to work. What *exactly* have you inserted?

Linda - Xtremly Peeved wrote:
Thank you so much for all you help - The date one is now working
wonders. Still troubled over the decimal point though. I copied
the formula to ensure right setting then ctrl+F9 and posted into
the doc and changed the numberfieldname to be the column it
corresponds with - but it is merging as mergefield. I am
obviously doing something wrong. Thanks again

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

What result do you get when you use the conditional field?
It works here as shown.
I take it you inserted the fields manually with CTRL+F9 and that
you have the round brackets quotes and spaces as shown.

jonh wrote:
Hello,

Did you get anywhere with the .0 problem? I have tried Graham's
script but no joy. The strange thing is that it merges fine on
other PCs, but not this one.

jonh

"Linda - Xtremly Peeved" wrote:

These are very helpful in nutting out a few other nightmares
with XP (fun fun fun) but I am unable to find anything on
getting the date to come up in the right format in Word after
the merge or why the .0 is appearing. Very AAggghhhhhhh

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm and/or
the Excel data section of

Linda - Xtremly Peeved wrote:
We have recently swapped over to Windows XP and I am now
having a problem with merging to Word. I need to insert a
pre-determined date which is entered in excel as a dd/mm/yy
(ie 03/03/05) raw data set to dddd, dd mmm yyyy (ie Thursday,
03 March 2005) format in Excel to keep this format in Word.
In our old version this would merge over automatically
keeping the day month etc typed out but now with XP this
formatting is being lost (showing as ie 03/03/05 12:00AM).
The formatting refers to the actual text rather than just
the font style.

Also numbers are having .0 added to the end after the merge.
(ie 75 in excel (cell format etc set to numbers with 0
decimal) is being merged to Word as 75.0)
Any suggestions???