Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ian Ian is offline

Default How do I set Office 2007 as default program to open files?

Thank you for answering!
I am probably opening old Office 2000 files which I created on my other
computer and am working with now on my new computer, carried over to the new
computer by a USB memory chip. Because OfficeWorks was bundled with the new
computer,it automatically tries to open the files and, as you said, one has
to right click to open the file. I just thought that there'd be a way to
disable OfficeWorks' defaults without uninstalling it.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Which files do you want to open? Works files? Old Word documents?
Office 2007 has its own file format.

Ian wrote:
I have Microsoft Works as an OEM program and it is the default
program to open files. I have recently installed Office 2007 and it
won't open the files unless you right click the file to open it
specifically with MS Office
07. I would like to keep MS Works rather than uninstall it
completely, so how do i set 07 to be default file opener?