Charles Kenyon

http://word.mvps.org/FindHelp/Posting.htm

Your posting is fine. Sometimes it takes a while to get a reply, especially
over a weekend. Everyone posting here is a volunteer. Take a look at Graham
Mayor's site for lots of info on setting up envelopes and envelope
templates.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

wrote in message
It turns out that I was eventually able to figure out what to do
myself, but I'm just curious about whether I did something wrong in
the way I posed my question since nobody responded. This was the
first time I posted to this group, and I did read through a lot of
earlier messages before asking. But if there's something I should
know for the future, I'd be grateful if someone would let me know.

Sibyl

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 17:32:50 GMT, wrote:

I recently got a new computer which has Word 2003. When I try to
print a custom envelope size using a size that worked fine on my old
computer with Word XP, it won't print. I tried printing on an 8.5 X
11 piece of paper and it printed with the right dimensions but with
the address on the left side of the paper. I feed the envelopes so
that the right side of the envelope goes into the printer first, and
it seems that the problem may be that the printer somehow isn't
understanding that the envelope is smaller even though I've entered
the custom size data and even though this worked fine with my old
computer and the earlier version of Word. I have Windows XP.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Sibyl