Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default Save 2,400 letters saved from merge document

You receive the "Opening this will run the following SQL command" message
when you open a Word mail merge main document that is linked to a data
source - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=825765

If you want to selectively view and print from yourmerge, merge to a new
document.

See also http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

cat wrote:
When I try to retrieve the 2,400 letters generated from the merge
form after the initial merge and saving it to a new file name, I can
only view one letter of the 2,400. It always asks me: "Opening the
document will run the following SQL command. Slect from "name of
file". Data from your database will be place in the doument. Do you
want to continue?" If I say yes or no only the last letter I viewed
when originally merging shows. How can I view all 2,400 letters
without linking it back to the data base? I need to print, view,
and/or edit individual letters as needed; without linking it to the
original data base. As always thanks..........