Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Numbered headings in tables

I must not be understanding what you're asking because I don't see what kind
of problems you anticipate from doing this the way you would like.

http://word.mvps.org

"Felix" wrote in message
Hi !

I have a document that is divided into several chapters (Heading 1).
Within
each chapter there are a number of pages, and each page contains a table.
All
relevant text for the page is contained within the table. Currently, the
first line of each page is formatted as Heading 2 outside of the table.

I would like to eliminate that line if possible and have the correct
Heading
2 number in the first row header of the table. Is there any reliable way
do this in Word, or am I just wasting my time trying ? What happens if I
insert a page afterwards ?

Thanks !