Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default "Next Record If", Mail Merge Issues

Given that your data is in an Access database, you should be using an Access
Report, not mailmerge.

Word does NOT have the ability to merge multiple items for a single
condition.

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Articles

But if I were you, I would use an Access Report!
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
oups.com...
Yes it does show this. It won't copy and paste onto here but it shows

{ NEXTIF { MERGEFIELD Problem_Description } "" }

In this Word document I have 11 rows that can be merged. I need to
find out how to make an append query that will append a variable number
of blank rows up to 11 where it needs to be the information from the
first row. What I was looking at is to make a query that counts the
number of rows and use that number to create the other query to append
my blank rows and another one to append the first row's information. I
wish there was an easier way to do this but it looks like there no way
to get around this. I hope you can help me.

Thank you.