Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Mail Merge Question

You should be getting one record per page, and each page is half of a sheet.
You will be seeing individual pages, but when you print them, there will be
two pages per sheet. This is the result that I get if I set up such a merge.
Admittedly, I'm not using the Mail Merge Wizard but rather the Mail Merge
Toolbar, as described in
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/E...MailMerges.htm

"Jim McColl" wrote in message
I wish I could attach the document to this reply. When I set it up as

letter,
2 pages per sheet, I still get 1 record per sheet, when I do the merge
--
Jim McColl

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you use the "2 pages per sheet" option (in Page Setup), you should be
using a Letter merge. Every page is a separate letter, and you should be
getting two "letters" per page. If you put have two labels AND two pages

a sheet, you're going to have four of these things per page. If you're

going
to do that, then you should be using 4-up labels.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Jim McColl" wrote in message
news
Thanks very much for your replies

I tried both approaches suggested as well as a combo approach, (i.e. I

set
it up as 2 to a page custom labels and also used Page/setup to

indicate 2
pages per sheet.

All of these approaches still give me one query record per sheet i.e

same
record appears on both labels in a sheet.
--
Jim McColl

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Although using 2-to-a-page "labels" would be the standard way to do

this
in
any version of Word, Word 2000 and above offer another, simpler

option.
Set
up your mail merge main document for "2 pages per sheet" (Portrait,

in
the
Page Setup dialog, NOT in the Print dialog), and you can then use a

Letter
merge.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"CyberTaz" typegeneraltaz1ATcomcastdotnet wrote in message
When you create your Main Document use either Labels or Directory

as
the
document type rather than Letters... Letters implies that you want

separate copy of the document for each recipient, so Word is

repeating
the
data for each recipient into the corresponding copies of the

fields on
your
one-page letter.

If you use Labels you can select any of the one-up/2 labels per

page
formats
& perhaps get the results you are looking for even if you print to

plain
paper. OTOH, if you use the Directory feature it will give you

more
layout
flexibility.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Jim McColl" wrote in

message
Greetings - I am trying to print application forms two to a page
lengthwise
using MS Office 2003 mail merge with an MS Access query as

input. I
have
tried setting this up as a custom sized label, so I would get

two on
each
page, one on the top half and one on the bottom half of the

page.

The problem I am running into is that each label on a given

page
uses
the
same record from the query.

Does anyone know a way to get two records to print on a single

sheet.

Thanks for any help
--
Jim McColl